Paul Thurrott has again got the inside word on the Zune HD release date which seems to be a major upgrade to the Zune device with the ability to play back 720p video using HDMI cable to just about any flat screen TV.
An overview of the Zune HD specs:
- 3.6 inchish OLED full touch screen.
- NVIDIA Tegra powered.
- 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
- HDMI Connection to stream straight to your TV.
- HD Radio.
- Web Browser.
- WiFi compatible, with wireless marketplace.
- Released, early fall.
- International release of the Zune device itself.
- Home AV packs, Car packs, Charge packs.
On the right is an example of the 3D and HD capabilities of the hardware so this couple with the Zune interface this will be a very compelling device.
Source2: Windows Weekly Episode 107